I Don’t Like Potato Salad
Really, I don’t. Cold potatoes just aren’t appetizing and adding mayo, mustard and/or vinegar does not make it better. But bacon does.
I found that I do like loaded potato salad. And so does the hubs. As a matter of fact, it’s the only thing I make that he LOVES. Sad, but I’m not a very savvy cook. And he’s a very picky eater.
Behold, loaded potato salad. In my 40 year old Tupperware.
So I thought I’d share my loaded potato salad recipe with the internet. Until I realized that I lost it. And that I never really measure the ingredients. But I believe it’s one of those recipes that you can just add however of whatever and come out on top.
Loaded Potato Salad
- red potatoes (I like the little ones)
- sour cream
- Hellman’s mayonnaise
- bacon bits
- shredded cheddar
- Scrub potatoes. If a little larger, halve or quarter them. Boil potatoes in the skins until fork-tender. Drain, dry, cool and cut into bite size pieces.
- Mix together sour cream and mayonnaise (I do 2/3 sc to 1/3 mayo). Add pepper to taste. Add cheese. Add bacon bits. Add chives. Stir it up all nice like.
- Combine creamy goodness with potatoes. Top with a little more cheese, bacon and chives. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Consume with a big smile on your face.
Sometimes I use a 3lb bag of potatoes. Other times [when I know that it will be gobbled faster than a Thanksgiving turkey] I use a 5lb bag of potatoes. And adjust everything to make it snazzy. You can’t mess this up. And believe me, I know how to mess stuff up. And, as the old adage says, bacon makes everything better.