Week 31: Reflection
Reflection can be taken in so many different ways. According to Google it can be all of the following:
- contemplation: a calm, lengthy, intent consideration
- light: the phenomenon of a propagating wave (light or sound) being thrown back from a surface
- expression: expression without words; “tears are an expression of grief”; “the pulse is a reflection of the heart’s condition”
- mirror image: a likeness in which left and right are reversed
- mathematics: a transformation in which the direction of one axis is reversed
I stuck with the whole “light being thrown back from a surface” thing. Contemplation, expression… mathematics (?)… nope, just used light. Thank you, mother nature, for helping me this week.
Here is my reflection:
My awesome model is a teammate, Lydia. We ran an errand together because I wanted to try to catch the reflection of the construction workers in the new arena on Main. She wanted the UPS Store. Hers was easier to accomplish. But while waiting at Main and Second to walk up the bridge, I snapped this. I love the colors. I love the impromptu-ness of it. I love that you can see her eyelashes. I love the reflection. Love and hugs all around.
I’m stoked to see the other “reflection” photos at our flickr pool and you should be too. So go there. Now. And check out some of the challengers’ blogs on the Challenger Roll page. Next week’s challenge is “shoe”. I bet there will be a lot of fun stuff next week. Average object that we are surrounded by = fun times. Bring it!